Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Meat Pie

My second favorite kiwi cuisine - a meat pie. Infact, here if you want an apple pie or chery pie, you actuallyl have to say "fruit pie" otherwise they just assume you mean a meat pie. In fact, one time I invited someone around for pie (I had made an apple pie) and they thought - gee, that's weird to go over for dinner at 7.. but ok.. becuase they assumed I'd made meat pies. so they didn't eat first and were really hungry when they got to my house..




Anyway, meat pies here are street food, its an individual size that fits in yoru hand. Lots of different flavours - most common are Steak, Steak & cheese, Mince & Cheese (mince is ground hamburger), Steak & Mushroom etc.



Unfortuantley, no recipe becuase its stupid to make them yourself sicne they cost $2 at the local gas station.. $4 if you want a good one. Still can't make it for that.

[from Harmony]

No comments:

Post a Comment