Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Sausage and Cabbage

One of our favorite recipes here is sausage and cabbage. It's the most simple thing.
One smoked beef kielbasa cut up into bite sized pieces. Throw it into a big pot and let it cook and render it's juices and flavor.... cut up one head of cabbage and throw it into the pot and mix it up together so the cabbage has the juices of the cabbage on it cover the pot and let it cook. When the cabbage is as done as you like, enjoy! Some days I add salt and pepper depending on what brand of sausage I buy. But I usually let the meat do all the work for me.

Now I like it this served over rice or barley, but hubby likes (well, I mean loves) it plain. Or you can add potatoes and steam them with the cabbage/meat. But if you add potatoes (which is good) you'll definitely want to spice it up yourself... I use plain salt/pepper/garlic powder.



Easy-peasy.

[from Charisa]

No comments:

Post a Comment