Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tilapia

Last night I made a show stopping left over dish. We had one and half tilapia loins left over from the other night. I kept seeing it in the fridge and couldn't stand the thought of it going to waist. And I had a HUGE bag of spinach I just got from COSTCO. I bought it thinking I"ll try to chop it up small and sneak it into all of Savannas meals this week... .


So here's what I did.

In a 8x8 casserole dish Layer in this order:

Cooked Rice

Sauteed spinach (seasoned with s/p)

Rough Salsa (I just threw it together last minute: chopped tomatoes, frozen chopped onions, chopped fresh cilantro from an herb plant I have, squirt of lime juice from those little plastic squirt bottles that are shaped like limes or lemons)

broken up pieces of leftover fish.


Cover and bake for 30 mins.



My husband could not stop raving about it. He said he'd order it in a restaurant. And he said that next time I need to make it on purpose not on accident.

[from Charisa]

No comments:

Post a Comment