Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes

I found this buttermilk pancake recipe on the back of my christmas pancake molds and it's the best I've tasted so far. BTW, I keep powdered buttermilk in the fridge and use that in recipes. Keeps forever and no leftover buttermilk to worry about spoiling.




**These freeze really well. I freeze them on a rack in the freezer, when firm I put in freezer bag. To defrost, I put them in the oven on 250 for about 15-20 minutes.



Buttermilk Pancakes:
2 eggs
2 cups flour
3 T sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2.5 cups buttermilk
4 T butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Nonstick cooking spray, or oil



In a bowl using a whisk, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix just until batter is smooth. Do not overbeat.


Heat griddle over medium until a few drops of water flicked onto the surgace skitter across it. Cook 'em!

[from Raegan]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have tried this recipe and we LOVE it! A few things I have learned:
  1. Do NOT double this recipe unless you want to stand at your stove cooking pancakes for a couple of hours.
  2. If you don't have space in your freezer to freeze the pancakes on racks, I put wax paper between them, put them in a freezer bag, and we are good to go!
  3. To defrost mine, I just pop them in the toaster for two cycles. Works perfectly.
[from Valerie]

No comments:

Post a Comment