Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Roasted Vegetables

I used to steam all of my veggies and then my (at the time) 18 month old would only eat the green beans.  Which by the way, I found steaming the veggies in chicken broth (like just from the can) gave them much more flavor.  So, I decided to see if he would eat roasted vegetables.  His dad and I eat almost all of our veggies that way, because they're yummy!  


Anyway, you can roast anything.  Our favorites are broccoli (425 degrees for about 25 minutes) and carrots (400 degrees for about 20 minutes).  You can also do cauliflower and asparagus.  For all of these, I toss the raw veggies in a little extra virgin olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.  For the broccoli, I also sprinkle with a little bit of the McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning (may sound weird but it goes well with everything).  My 2 year old loves eating these now.  The carrots almost come out like chips, that's what he calls them.  Everything gets nice and crispy on the outside.  With the carrots, try and find some nice thick ones and cut them into thin slices on a diagonal. 


[from Jaime]

No comments:

Post a Comment