Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Toddler Veggies

Spices, spices, spices. Introduce slowly if you haven't done them, but it's funny how I think my boys don't like something, then they try it actually prepared with spices and they do! A few other ideas that I haven't blogged about yet are pasta with zucchini, veggies in smoothies, and zucchini fries. You can always make pizza with good veggies on top, too.


Oh, and you can put good veggies in quesadillas andmeatloaf. Or, melt or sprinkle some cheese on top.


[from Tracy]


I slip the frozen spinach into my daughter's scrambled eggs.  Works every time!  She also loves the spinach bars too!


[from Mollie]


I put spinach and carrots into smoothies and he loves those.  I try to serve vegetables both "disguised" in things, as well as by themselves so he gets used to it all.  I agree with not making it a battle though, and it sounds like you're handling it well.  Rylan's definitely more of a "fruit man" =), but we just try to get in as many veggies as we can.


[from Robin]



Kaitlyn will eat just about anything if it has Parmesan cheese sprinkled over it. 
And spices are a great way to make veggies more interesting.
[from Valerie]

My DD is pretty picky about veggies, but if I boil them/cook them in chicken broth, she LOVES them. She doesn't like cheese either, so that nixes a lot of recipes for me :-(
I buy organic Better Than Bouillon to make the broth. It is healthy, fairly low sodium depending on how much you use, and no MSG. It comes in a glass jar and needs to be refridgerated after opening.  You can find it in the gravy section at the grocery store.
[from Amy]

No comments:

Post a Comment