Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chicken with Sundried tomatoes and Spinach

We had Chicken w/ Sundried tomatoes and Spinach. I used chicken tenderloins. Served with baked sweet potatoes and salad.


Ingredients:

  • 2 T butter or olive oil
  • 1/2 c white wine
  • 1 lemon, juiced (I used lime because I didn't have lemon)
  • 1/2 c sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped
  • 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1/2 c chicken broth

*I pound the chicken to 1/4 inch thick. Optional step.


1. Season chicken with S&P.
2. Over med/high, cook chicken in olive oil or butter evenly until both sides are done. Remove chicken and set aside.
3. In remaining oil, cook sundried tomatoes for 1 minute. Add white wine, broth, and juice of 1 lemon. Cook until reduced by 1/2.
4. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
5. When serving, pour SD tomato/spinach sauce over the chicken.


My whole family likes this. Charis just adds ketchup (*gag*).

Oh, and you could do this with any combo of veggies. Portobello mushrooms or eggplant was my first thought.

[from Raegan]

No comments:

Post a Comment