Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sloppy Joes

We did have sloppy joes last night, which were good. I always half this recipe since we only have 2 big eaters and 1 little one :)




Its 2.5 lbs beef, 2 cups chopped onion, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup tomato juice, 2 tbls worcestershire sauce, 2 tbls mustard (I used stone ground), 2 tbls lemon juice, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 (6oz) can tomato paste, 12 buns (we use whole wheat keiser rolls).



Cook beef and onion in skillet. drain. Stir in ketchup and next 6 ing. Bring to boil (honestly there isnt much to boil so I added a tiny tomato juice and went directly to low heat).... simmer for 15 minutes stirring often.



These aren't like school cafeteria sloppy joes :-D. My husband isnt a big fan of them but he liked these. And I really liked them!

[from Kristin]

No comments:

Post a Comment