Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

MINESTRONE BEANS AND RICE

I like this meal to freeze. It's not a casserole, which makes it a little different change from most freezer meals.  With just 3 of us, we eat once fresh and then I actually keep some for leftovers later in the week and freeze the rest in two separate batches.  It creates at least 4 meals for us.  I make the rice fresh.
It's also really cheap. 

MINESTRONE BEANS AND RICE **

INGREDIENTS

Ground Beef (I use ground turkey)
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans kidney beans (I've used black beans instead since DH isn't wild about kidney beans)
2 cans minestrone soup
1 can Rotell tomato and chili (I use about have the can for Caleb; not as  spicy that way; I've also added diced tomatoes sometimes in the place of the other half of Rotell)
1 onion chopped

DIRECTIONS

1. Brown meat and onions
2. Add rest (don't drain cans)
3. Stew about 20 minutes
4. Serve with rice

(I often half this recipe and still have lots to freeze)
The minestrone soup adds tiny bit of veggies but you can add greenbeans or peas for more.  I drain them and then add.

[from improvingmama]

No comments:

Post a Comment