Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Jalepenos Stuffed with Cream Cheese

Bacon Wrapped Jalepenos Stuffed with Cream Cheese

INGREDIENTS:
•15 jalapenos (when cut in half, makes 30)

•2 pkgs cream cheese

•2 packages of bacon

•toothpicks

Cut jalapenos in half and clean out. If you like them hotter, then leave some seeds. Shove as much cream cheese as you can on that half and wrap with a slice of bacon. I try to cover the open end and the top really good there is less cream cheese leakage;) Stick a toothpick in from the top to bottom to hold bacon in place and prevent rolling up for falling off.



Cook in preheated oven at 350′ for about an hour or desired crispiness



*I pipe the cream cheese in from a plastic baggie (Sandwich size)



*****You need to be VERY CAREFUL! I wear gloves now. The first time I did this I knew not to touch my eyes while cleaning the seeds out but I didn't realize it just seeps in your skin. My hands were on FIRE for the next 24 hours. It started slow, just like a little burning. I kept washing my hands but but an hour or two later it still hurt. They were beginning to swell. I tried everything: soaking in vinegar, water, milk, sour cream, hydracortisone, ice packs, aloe. Ice packs were the only thing that helped for more than 10 min. I would have rather cut my hands off then deal with that. So just scraping the seeds out with my thumb did all that. Maybe I am allergic to something in them.

[from Molly]

No comments:

Post a Comment