Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes

So I made our favorite Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes this morning. DH eats them with honey, I eat then with applesauce, DD eats them plain (and LOVES them).




2 cups buttermilk (I was out so I used vinegar and reg. milk, about 1 T vinegar for each cup milk ~ worked fine)
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 eggs
1/4 c butter, melted and cooled
1/2 c flour (I use whole wheat)
2 T sugar
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t ground cinnamon

1/4 t salt



soak oats in milk in th fridge over night

mix dry in a small bowl and save for the morning (makes it go faster!! in the am)

mix eggs/butter into oats/milk and then add dry. stir until all is moist. might bubble a little (good!)

heat buttered skillet to med/high and pour on in 1/4 c scoups.

turn when firm. be careful not to brown too dark like me (but they still taste good!)

enjoy!


[from Rochelle]

No comments:

Post a Comment