Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Breadsticks/Pizza Dough/Hoagie Buns/Soup Bowls

This is what I use to make breadsticks and also pizza crusts. This is a super easy recipe. You can mix it by hand if you don't have a mixer. It will make 2 pizza crusts, 6 soup bowls, 8-10 hoagie buns, french bread, or breadsticks.




2.5 cups warm water

2 T yeast

3 T sugar



Let that stand until yeast rises unless you use yeast that doesn't need that.



Add:



5 Tablespoons oil

1 Tablespoon salt

6 cups flour



Mix well. Let rest. Mix every 10-15 minutes for a total of one hour. I have a boshe, and with that, I don't need to mix it again ever. I just let it rise.



Once it is raised, form into whatever you are making. For breadsticks, roll out a little less than .5 inch thick, then I cut it into strips with a pizza cutter. You can spread with egg whites to help brown. I just put melted butter on along with garlilc powder, a little garlic salt, parmesean cheese, and italian seasoning or basil. Then I raise it again.



Cook all items at 375 except pizza crust. That is 425.



Cooking times:



Soup bowls: 23-25 minutes

Breadsticks: 15 minutes or until brown

Hoagie Buns: 23-25 minutes

French bread: 23-25 minutes


[from Valerie]

No comments:

Post a Comment