Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Manda's French Toast

I just made french toast for dinner tonight :) It's the only thing I know how to make really well honestly because it's the only thing my mom ever showed me how to make. Here's how my family does it:



Take maple syrup out of fridge and allow it to warm on counter as you cook or microwave in a bowl.

Mix 4 eggs and milk (I have no exact measurement but I basically pour it so that it just winds around 2-3 of the egg yolks, it's probably about 1/4 cup)

Add a bit of vanilla extract to the mixture

dip each side of the bread into the egg/milk mixture, being careful not to let it soak through, just lightly dip it.

Put on hot pan (greased already) at about medium-high heat and sprinkle ground cinnamon on top. Cook, flip when golden brown, and remove when the second side is golden brown.

Repeat :)



This makes about 8 pieces of french toast so enough for 3-5 people.


*I always use the extra egg mixture which is too eggy for french toast to make some quick scrambled eggs and feed that to the dog, eggs about once a week make dogs coats really glossy and shiny.

[from Manda]

No comments:

Post a Comment