Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Turkey

Reagan, last year was my first year too. I am a recipe research freak. I read and read and read until I find one I like. Even then, I end up taking parts of one recipe and combining it with another. I feel that I have found (in my head, of course) the best way to do it.




I roast, no bag and not stuffed. I do not stuff because: 1) it takes longer to get the stuffing cooked which in turn drys out the turkey. 2) I worry about not cooking it long enough and having raw turkey touch the stuffing.



I do fill the cavity with garlic, lemon, celery and carrots. I also rub an herb butter under Tommy's skin and all around him. I will give you the recipe if you want it.



I have heard that brining produces the juiciest turkey. Oh, and if you don't have one, get a digital thermometer that you leave on the counter so you can see the temp with out opening the door.

 
[from Molly]

No comments:

Post a Comment