Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Taco Soup

We had Taco Soup tonight (leftover from Sunday) which is so yummy:




Ingrediants: 1 lb ground beef, 1 onion (diced), 4 cloves garlic (minced), 30 oz kidney beans, 30 oz canned corn, 30 oz canned diced tomatoes (all with juices), 2 cups chicken or veggie broth, season with 1 T chili powder and 1 package taco seasoning (I just looked up what is in the seasoning online and put in the individual spices/herbs since I didn't have the mix).



Brown meat and onion in large dutch oven or stock pot. Add garlic and stir. Drain meat.



Add in all cans (I used 2 14.5 oz cans of each) with juice.



Add broth and seasonings. Stir and bring to a boil. Simmer 30 min or so to let flavors meld. Great with Fresh Mex. Salad or rolls. We were in a hurry so just ate it on it's own. Mmmm. I've had 3 bowls today (lunch 1, dinner 2). :D

 
 
[from Rochelle]

1 comment:

  1. I'm a sucker for all things taco!

    Thanks to Jenny who stopped by to enter my giveaway for Your Birthday Book. Two toddler boys = lot of fun b-days I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete