Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cabbage Soup

Cabbage Soup (again EASY!)



1. Brown diced smoked sausage (I add onion)


2. Add water (about 1/2 pot for full servings)


3. Add carrots (let cook 5-10 min)


4. Add potatoes (let cook 5-10 min)


5. Add cabbage and salt and pepper (cook until wilted)


Be warned Val, the soup tastes GREAT, but the house will have the aroma of cabbage. DH closes all the door to the bedrooms when I make this, so we won't be smelling cabbage as we sleep! btw, I don't actually had a 1/2 pot of water (that's my mom's recipe). I add maybe 1/3 pot water and then add more towards the end if needed (rarely). The less water, the more the sausage taste soaks into the veggies (and therefore less salt needed) which is the way I like it.

[from Improvingmama]

No comments:

Post a Comment