Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Potato Cheese Soup

This is very easy but good and warms your body.

  • 4 large potatoes, cubed (I usually just use as many as I want to)
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 1 quart water (I just add enough to cover potatoes)
Simmer potatoes and onions in water until tender. While that is cooking...

Rue:

  • 4 T butter
  • 3 T flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
  1. Melt butter in skillet.
  2. Add flour and heat slowly until it bubbles.
  3. Stir in milk and continue cooking and stirring until thickened.
  4. Stir into potoato mixture and bring slowly to a boil.
  5. Add 1 cup shredded cheese (I usually add more). Be sure your water is boiling first so cheese will melt well.
  6. Simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. I like to add some basil.

*note that you want to add rue when potatoes have some give but not when they are as soft as you ultimately want them since you will be cooking after you add the rue.

[from Valerie]

No comments:

Post a Comment